“This release enhances the functionality and distinction of ATEC’s newly-launched InVictus platform with technology that has been engineered to profoundly improve the elegance of percutaneous fixation,” said Pat Miles, chairman and CEO. “SingleStep enables increased surgeon control of the variables surrounding percutaneous pedicle screw placement. Spine’s new Organic Innovation Machine continues to deliver on its commitment to bring meaningful innovation to a market that yearns for it.”
The commercial release of the InVictus MIS SingleStep implant delivery system follows successful evaluations that began in January 2019.
Compared to a traditional percutaneous technique, InVictus MIS SingleStep is designed to reduce procedural steps, instrument passes, screw insertion time, and fluoroscopy, and completely eliminate guidewire management. SingleStep’s innovative streamlined approach integrates seamlessly with SafeOp neurophysiology to add safety, expedience and increased predictability to percutaneous pedicle screw delivery.
“SingleStep represents an evolutionary leap in percutaneous pedicle screw instrumentation,” stated Tyler G. Smith, M.D., of Roseville Orthopedic Surgery and Sports Medicine in California. “By removing steps in the sequence of targeting and implantation, the result is an elegant system that is faster, safer, and more reproducible. In a word, it is simple. It is easy to make a product different, but the new ATEC has made the approach better.”
The InVictus SingleStep system has been designed to improve surgical outcomes by simplifying minimally invasive pedicle screw placement procedures.
Key features include:
- Limits the potential complications associated with inadvertent guidewire advancement by eliminating the requirement for K-wires;
- Novel ratcheting handle for swift pedicle screw delivery and unprecedented, single instrument-pass functionality;
- Simplified approach reduces procedural steps by 50 percent, streamlining screw insertion time and potentially reducing reliance on fluoroscopy;
- Steerable stainless steel stylet seamlessly perforates the pedicle; and
- Integration with SafeOp technology reinforces confidence during stylet and screw insertion.
Alphatec Holdings Inc., through its wholly-owned subsidiaries, Alphatec Spine Inc. and SafeOp Surgical Inc., is a medical device company dedicated to revolutionizing the approach to spine surgery. ATEC designs, develops and markets spinal fusion technology products and solutions for the treatment of spinal disorders associated with disease and degeneration, congenital deformities and trauma. The company markets its products in the United States via independent sales agents and a direct sales force.