In addition to being showcased in Esaote North America booth #1337, luminary Orthopedic Spine Surgeon, Dr. D. Guyer, M.D. from Texas Back Institute will be presenting an Abstract on Q-Spine during the Innovative Technology Presentations Q-Spine: New MRI-Based Quantification Method for L-Spine Analysis (Non-CME) Room: W230CD, Wednesday, October 25, 2017: 1:00 PM–2:00 PM.
Clinical Benefits of Q-Spine:
- Facilitates and simplifies the analysis of weight-bearing versus recumbent MRI by semi-automatic segmentation of the Lumbar-spine
- Provides a numerical quantification of the relative changes
- Reliable and coherent measures by taking out the "human factor"
- Provides ability to evaluate patient follow-up with numerical evidence
- Generates a PDF report to be attached to the medical report
Dr. Guyer stated, "We are excited to present the Q spine software, which is a semi-automated software analysis used with the Esaote weight-bearing Brio G MRI scanner which reliably calculates spinal canal area, dural diameter, lumbar lordosis and sacral angles. We believe this will demonstrate nerve compression which may not be diagnosed with supine MRI scanners and help surgeons manage sagittal alignment in their patients."
Q-Spine is available on Esaote's G-Scan Brio a dedicated MRI system featuring a comprehensive set of coils and sequences to provide complete MSK MRI, from spine to extremities—plus the ability to perform unique weight-bearing studies.
With a consolidated turnover of EUR 270 million in 2016, the Esaote Group is a leader in the biomedical equipment sector, the areas of ultrasound, dedicated MRI, and software for managing the diagnostic process. The Group currently employs 1,200 people. With its own production and research units in Italy and the Netherlands, Esaote is recognized as one of the top 10 diagnostic imaging companies in the world.